Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 20 November 2012

A nautical themed Happy Birthday...


I thought I'd have a go at some paper weaving for this one. It can be a bit fiddly, especially if your all fingers and thumbs like me, put it does look good when its finished. I cut these two papers in to 2cm strips and wove them together on a plain white panel. Once it was finished I trimmed it all down to sit on the 6x6 card blank.
 
 
 
 
I didn't really know what to put on top as didn't want to distract from the design, but I came across these simple paper pieces ( I think they came free in a magazine at some point!)in my stash and thought a few would be OK and give it a nautical theme. I fixed them with foam tape to raise them a little. I added the bunting from the same paper pack and then just trimmed it all with some silver border peel offs.
 
What do you think?
 
Thanks
J
xx

1 comment:

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!