Shabby Blogs

Sunday 13 January 2013

Owl be seeing you ....

Good morning all, I thought I had better pop on and leave a post as I think Jude is away with the fairies today :-) She had a bit of good news yesterday so I'll let her off for not posting something lol. But I'll leave it for her to tell you all about it.

Today's card is one I have just made using the free papers and stamps from this month's Papercraft Essentials magazine.

I love the owl stamps I think they are great and the papers are very pretty.
 
I started by stamping the owls on to two different patterned papers and then embossing them with clear embossing powder. I then stamped the branch a couple of times on to brown core-dinations card and embossed that with clear embossing powder too.

 Then I cut the stamped images out and mounted them on to a co-ordinating sheet of patterned paper cut to fit an A5 cream card blank. I added some googly eyes to one of the owls and some coloured pearls to the other. A bit of ribbon, a small dazzler gem and then the stamped tag finished it off.

It's not often that I use the free gifts from magazines together as they were intended lol, I usually just use bits and pieces and store the rest until I come across them again another time. But these little owls really caught my eye.

Hope you like them too, that's all from me for now.
See you soon, thanks
J
xx

1 comment:

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!