Shabby Blogs

Monday 18 March 2013

Card with 1st ATC....

Good morning everyone, hope you have all had a nice and crafty weekend. What's the weather like for you? we've had snow again! in March??? with more tipped for this week. Can't remember the last time we had snow during March ;-] think the weather app has gone a bit mad lol.
 
Today's offering is a card I made for Jude for Mother's day from her youngest son Joe. So not a typical girly card, but one I thought she would like.
 
 
I started with the cream A5 card blank and stamped a script stamp all over it using Brushed Corduroy distress ink. I then aged down the card with Old Paper DI. I added a doily and used the same ink to age this a bit.

 
I just had the one small sheet of the bright orange Core-dinations card, so I ran it through a butterfly embossing folder and sanded the top back. Then I cut a frame from some brown card and the smaller version for the sentiment. This card is already embossed so I sanded that back a bit too. I stamped the sentiment using black Archival ink. This is one of my favourite stamps.
 
I then added some flowers cut from the same card and stamped a few little birds, here and there.

 
Next I made the ATC and the matching little envelope. I started with a blank Kraft ATC and covered it with a piece of book page from an old Atlas. This one had a pic of Westminster Abbey on it, and as Jude lived in London for a few years prior to children, I knew she would approve of the image lol. I then ran it through a diamond embossing folder.

 
Next I used the scraped paint technique with sand and vermilion acrylic paints. Once dry I added a smidge of gold acrylic here and there and then spritzed it with Mango Blush Cosmic Shimmer spray. 


 
I used part of a brass stencil for the little bird, and using a palette knife I scraped Eisen Ferro through it. I heat set it to speed things up and then gave him a covering of Treasure Gold.
 
 
I had the little bird cage in my jewellery stash and thought it would finish the piece nicely. I just attached it with a little star brad and then added Mum using my tiny alphabet punches. Then put this into the little envelope to finish the card.
 
What do you think?
 
Anyway that's all from me today, thanks for stopping by, see you soon.
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!