Shabby Blogs

Sunday 3 March 2013

Thank you xxx

Good morning all. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. The sun is eventually shining here and we've had a lovely couple of days. Really starting to hope that means spring is here :-))

Unfortunately I've been struck by the dreaded tummy bug, so not been able to get out and enjoy the nice weather or do much crafting ;-( but at least I still have something to blog lol.

I said last week that I had made a little thank you gift for the friend of my mums who sent me the beads. Well here it is.


I made her a little bracelet and matching earrings. I used some really lovely soft pink pearls and black bicone beads with some little silver caps from my stash.I added a couple of little charms to finish them off. I think they are really pretty and I'm pleased to say that so did Elaine. :o))


I also made a little thank you card to go with them, staying with the pink black and silver theme.

I started with an A6 black card blank, and then cut a pink circle and a black lacey circle with Spellbinders dies. I covered the front of the card with a pink striped paper and then added a piece of silver organza ribbon and some pink adhesive lace across the bottom.

Nest I stuck the circles to the card and then die cut a butterfly from silver mirror card and pink patterned vellum. I glued the silver butterfly down but only glued the middle of the pink butterfly so that the wings raise up. I then added a few pearls to the body.

To finish the card I stamped the sentiment using black archival ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I matted and layered it with the pink stripey paper and black card and then added it to the bottom of the card.

I'm entering this card in to the Stamp n Doodle challenge - Use two different punches or dies: http://stamp-n-doodle.blogspot.ca/2013/02/stamp-n-doodle-challenge-27th-february.html

A really simple little card, but also really pretty. Hope you like it too.

Thanks for stopping by today, Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. See you soon.

Jen
xx













No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!