Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Upcycled pot...

Good morning all, yes I have been very ambitious and changed a plain old roasted nuts tub in to a shabby chic masterpiece! ROFL hahaha....
 
OK then I have decorated it to sit on my desk and hold little bits of stash. lol. But I do think it looks very pretty :o))
 
 
Like I said it's an empty tub that held honey roast nuts, from a well known nut manufacturer, but I'm sure others do them too lol. I used my cosmic shimmer to stick paper all around it. As I used 6x6 sheets it took 3 of them but that's just because I liked that paper.  This is part of the Botanical collection, it came free with a mag sometime last year.
 

I added a matching tag from the same range and then decorated the tub with some flowers that I had cut on my silhouette.  The little butterfly is just punched from paper but then I used my new melt pot to give it a thick embossing glaze. I love it lol.
 
 
I covered the top of the lid with the same paper and then added more flowers and a couple of leaves that I also dipped in the melt pot.
 
I really like how it turned out. I finished it by just adding a touch of treasure gold around the top and bottom edges to take away a bit of the silver shine.
 
Hope you like it, that's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. See you soon
 
xxx
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!