Shabby Blogs

Thursday 21 March 2013

Vintage Violet....

Good morning all, hope everyone is well today. How many of you are off to the NEC to the HobbyCraft show??? I'm going, but not until Sunday ;-( so got to hope there is still plenty left lol.

Anyway today's card is an image from Saturated Canary - Vintage Violet. I just think she is so lovely.

 
As her name is Violet I thought I would go for a purple theme. I started with the image and coloured her in with Flexmarkers and Promarkers. Then I cut her out and added some ruffled ribbon behind.
 
 
I found some co-ordinating papers and embossed the lilac card with a regency style embossing folder. I don't know the name of this one as it's the A4 folder that came with my Ebosser.
 
Next I layered up the other papers with a doily and inked all of the edges with Seedless Preserve Distress Ink.
 
 
I made a few rolled flowers by punching some circles and then cutting them into spirals. I added a couple of larger flowers for them to sit on and a few gems to the centres.
 
 
I added some more purple ribbon and tied it in a knot down the left edge and then glued on a little purple heart.

 
I inked all of the edges of the little bird embelly and popped him at the top.
 
 
Then all it needed was a little sentiment and a bit more ribbon and bling and all finished lol. What do you think? Hope you like it.
 
Anyways that's enough from me today, thanks for stopping by. I'll see you all soon.
 
 
 xxx
 

1 comment:

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!