Shabby Blogs

Sunday 28 April 2013

200th Post.....

Good morning all and happy Sunday. Yes today sees our 200th post on this little old crafty blog! Wow, who would have thunk we had so much to say????.....ROFL
 
Anyway, I hope you are all having good weekends. We are off out for a family meal again today, as my niece is 21 tomorrow! where has that gone? Lol. So today's card is perfect, as the digi image reminds me so much of my niece when she was younger. I can just hear her saying, I will wear a dress but I don't have to like it, ha ha.
 
The image is another of my Saturated Canary digi's, this one is called Honey.
 
 
I wanted to give pink/red hair a try as I haven't done it before, and I don't think it came out too badly. But I'll keep practising. I started by colouring the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then cut it out and matted it on to some blue card.
 
I have had the pale blue and white cut-out card for ages, no idea where it came from! and I've never found a card that it went on, until now :o)) But it makes a good base for this card, matted on to a blue card stock and then on to a 6x6 Kraft card blank.

 
I found a couple of co-ordinating papers from different card pads, and used these to mat and layer behind the image.

I had a little piece of the blue card left over so I cut a fork in to the end and used it to mount a bow and a couple of buttons.

 
The flowers are a rolled ribbon rose and a couple of Marianne die cut rolled flowers in a blue paper. These are on top of Tattered Florals cut in a jersey fabric and a bright pink Georgette.
 
 
I added the ready made sentiment tags and it was all finished.

 
Hope you like it.
 
Thanks for stopping by today, see you soon, and here's to the next 200!
 
xxx
 
 
I am entering this card in to the following challenges:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!