Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 24 April 2013

April showers...

Good morning all, Jen back again today. Did you play along with the birthday blog hop yesterday? Good wasn't it? If not, don't worry it's not too late, pop over to the Anything Goes Challenge Blog and join in. When you've finished here obviously lol.
 
Anyway on to today, this is a card I have made using free papers from a craft mag. I think the colours are really nice, and perfect for Spring.
 
 
I started with the topper and cut this out using the largest of the Lacey Circle dies. Then I cut out again just the image part in the inner circle by hand, and stuck it over the top. Then I mounted this on to a paper doily.

 
I used a 6x6 plain white scalloped edge card blank and covered it with one of the co-ordinating papers, matted on to green core-dinations card. Next a cut strips from two of the other papers and matted these on a slightly lighter green card.
 

 
I arranged the card with the doily and topper and added in some green spotty ribbon across the centre and to make two little bows for the top corners. I really like this ribbon and that was my last piece ;-(. Oh well I'll just have to keep a look out for some more lol.

 
Next I cut out a sentiment that came with the papers and matted this on to the same green card.
Then I added this to the bottom of the card.

 
All it needed to finish the card was a few flat backed pearls in the bottom corners,

 
and then some smaller green ones around the image. Then a final dab over with some glossy accents to look like rain drops. A super quick card, all done and dusted.
 
Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by today, see you soon.
 
xxx
 
I am entering this card in to the following challenge: http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/weather-with-you.html
 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Jen, I love the green shades and perfect image for our weather challenge at Papertake Weekly, hope you will join us again soon, Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!