Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Birthday Cards....

Good morning all, Jen back again today. Hope you have all enjoyed the long Easter weekend. It's been family time for us :o)) with a birthday party for my Nephew Joe on Sunday and our grandsons are over for the week, it's been lovely.
 
Today I thought I'd share one of the cards I made for Joe with you. As most people know, Joe is very special to us, but a card for any other 19 year old isn't always appropriate for Joe, so sometimes knowing what to make can be difficult!
 
Which is where the thoughts for this first card started from...
 
 
I went with a puzzle theme, and started by covering the card blank with completed Sudoku puzzles from an old book.
 
Next I found all different letters from my stash to make up the phrase "Deciding on a present can be a puzzle!?" and stuck this to the middle of the card on a die cut shape.

 
I bought some Scrabble tiles online a few weeks ago and they came in really handy for this card. I just used them to spell out 'Ha*py Day'.

 
To be honest you couldn't really use any more than this on a card as they are quite heavy. But this is because they are the original wooden tiles and not the lighter weight plastic ones !

 
I added his name and age too, and finished the phrase inside with " but sending it with lots of love is always easy".


Hope you like it.

 
That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by.
See you soon.
 
 
xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!