Shabby Blogs

Sunday 14 April 2013

Pretty as a ......

 
Peony? Picture? I'll let you decide lol.

Happy Sunday everyone - Jude here but no card to share today. Instead I've produced a 5x7 floral canvas for my bedroom.

I recently bought the jumbo peony set from Stampendous AND I LOVE IT ;)  I can think of so many occasions when this could be used - especially for weddings.

The technique I used is borrowed from the fabulous Sheena Douglass and is my homage to her paint fusion method.

 
Stamp your image onto a prepared background (in this case a cerulean acrylic with extra white) Paint your image, covering the ink, then restamp over the dried image. Sheena usually uses the same ink again but you don't have to. Anything which highlights the detail in the stamp is fine.  I used Versamark and sea foam embossing powder for a softer look.


I didn't quite line it up again in the same spot but I don't mind that.  Works great with florals but I might try it with background stamps. I'll share with you when I do.

TTFN Jude xx





2 comments:

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!