Shabby Blogs

Friday 5 April 2013

The Far Away Tree

Good Morning - yes it's Jude again. I know two days together - practically unheard of ;-) 
 
This morning I am off to Sheffield Children's Hospital for my son's pre-op assessment.  We could be there all day so a few crafty mags have made it in to my bag.  Well I've got to have something to stave off the boredom, and it may help with the missing mojo!

Those of you of a certain age probably remember a book called The Folk of the Far Away Tree. I know in the mid seventies it was one of my favourites, but then as a child I read a lot of Enid Blyton. And I do mean a LOT!!

Recently I was browsing through some magazines and websites, and found several tree based cards which made me think of that children's book - so this is my take on how it might have looked.

 
I stamped random flower and leaf shapes on to card and cut out a rough tree canopy which i applied to an 8x8 card blank. I then restamped the images, cut them out and decoupaged them onto the tree shape.

 
I added various buttons and embellishments from my stash. I'm not fond of how the tree trunk turned out but I'll do it differently next time I try something like this.

 
The birds, bees and fox all came from magazine freebies but the wild flowers are a Barbara Gray Clarity stamp. I coloured these with pro and flex markers.

 
Hope you like the idea as much as I do. TTFN Jude x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!