Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Anniversary Cards

Good morning all, and happy Wednesday! I think it's always a nice feeling when you get half way through the week (especially if you work Monday through Friday) when you know the weekend is not too far away. Especially when the weather is like this, lovely and sunny and warm :o) long may it last.
 
I thought I would share with you some anniversary cards that I made recently. This first one was for some friends of Mum's who celebrated their Golden Wedding anniversary last week! Now that's what I call commitment lol.
 
 
 
Through some sneaky work, another friend of Mum's managed to get hold of a couple of Elaine and Barry's original wedding photos. So I scanned them into the PC and used some print outs for the card.
 
The backing paper is a download from Craftsuprint. I loved the look of it (very classy) so I printed it on to good quality glossy photo paper and popped it on to an A5 gold speckle card blank.
 
I framed the photo with gold mirror card using the Spellbinders Timeless Rectangle set. I then used an off cut from this to mount the sentiment on.
 
A nice gold ribbon and some flat backed pearls were all it needed to finish the front off. But seen as how I had another photo still to use I thought I would pop it inside.
 
 
I really liked the card when it was finished and I know Elaine and Barry did too.
 
This second card is the one I made for my Hubby last month for our anniversary. A really simple card but cute, just how I like them lol.
 
 
The image and papers are from the Wellington range by Docrafts, and the die cut shapes are made using Spellbinders Opulent Ovals dies.
 
Well that's all from me today. Hope the sun is shining where you are.
 
Thanks for stopping by today, see you soon.
 
xxx
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!