Shabby Blogs

Monday 29 July 2013

Altered Frames

Good morning all, hope you had a great weekend. We really enjoyed a family barbecue on Saturday and then out for a little tapas yesterday :o)) Now that's what I think a weekend should be about! not housework and gardening etc. lol
 
Anyway today's post is to show some photo frames that I have been having a go at altering. They were nice enough frames, but I've had them for years and they didn't match anywhere in the house now.

So I decided to have a go with some paint and papers and thought, nothing lost if they turn out awful lol. But I'm happy to say I quite like them :o))


 
I started by giving them a couple of coats of white Gesso, when that was dry I gave them both a good coat of acrylic paint. This one is a teal colour. The next day I gave them another coat and then once this was dry I gave them a sand over with a sanding block just to smooth them out and give them a bit of an aged look.


 
Next I added a layer of brush on crackle glaze. I hadn't used this one before but it worked great and was dry in a couple of hours.
 
Next I went mad with silver gilding wax lol. I thought about just putting a bit on here and there but once I got going I really liked the effect where the wax and crackle were together.

 
To finish the frames I made up some roses with the Tattered Floral's Sizzix die. I gave them a good spray with a silver sparkle spray and when this was dry I sprayed them with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Patina. I like how the Mist sits on top of the sparkle spray and looks more like droplets. A few gems and a little scroll finished them off nicely.


And here they are up on the wall, what do you think?


 Hope you like them, thanks for stopping by again.
 
See you soon
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!