Shabby Blogs

Sunday 4 August 2013

A little bit oriental

Good morning all, and happy Sunday. Hope you are all having a good weekend. We are having a family get-together today, and Jude's youngest Joe is coming to visit for a couple of hours :o)). Haven't seen him for a couple of weeks so it will be lovely to see him again. Not that he is missing us at all lol, he is loving his new home and all the attention he gets. But that was the whole idea of the move so that makes us all happy :o)).
 
Anyway today's card is one I have made using another of our Sherri Baldy digi stamps. This one is called Cherry Blossom Geisha. I think she is so cute and when I came across these fabric covered papers in The Works, I knew they would go with her perfectly.  
 
 
I started with the image and coloured her using Spectrum Noir pens and then cut her out by hand.
 
 
I used the fabric papers to cover the front of the 6x6 card blank and then added a border strip which was cut using one of the Sizzix (Tim Holtz) On The Edge dies.
 
 
I decided on a gold accent colour to try and match with her dress, so I cut the Whimsical Tree Die D-Lite out of gold mirror card.
 
 
I finished the card with some gold card off cuts to the corners, a simple stamped sentiment and just a sprinkling of gold Mica Flakes.
 

 
Hope you like it.
 
See you soon.
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!