Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Rainy days

Good morning crafty friends.
 
Jen told you yesterday about some of the things we purchased at GBCF on Sunday.  We spent fffaaaarrrrrr too much money, but thoroughly enjoyed ourselves lol.  The stash is now filling every corner of our craftroom/study and still we nnneeeeeeddd more ;)  I know you understand tee hee!

In spite of all our purchases my card only uses two new items - the pink and green spectrum noir pens used to colour Tilda - all the rest was in the stash already.
 
I started with an 8x8 card blank (my size of choice lately) and covered with 2 coordinating papers.  I covered the join with yellow spotty ribbon then layered my embossed card, the image and a paper pieced umbrella.

 
This is the first time I've attempted paper piecing and I'm happy with the result.


Tilda was coloured with the alcohol pens, inked with 2 distress inks and cut out with a spellbinder die.

I couldn't find a sentiment I liked in my ready-mades, so this one is printed from the computer.  I probably should have matted them, or inked the edges, but they work ok.
 

 
I like the implication behind the words.  Hope you do too.
 
TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!