Shabby Blogs

Sunday 6 October 2013

Butterfly Tag

What do you get when you take these?
And one of these?
And play about????  Answer..............
 
.......... This!
 I was reading Tim Holtz description of his October Tag and was inspired to create something similarly dark.  His is a specific Halloween tag but I didn't want mine to be themed like that.
I started by swiping the four distress inks on to a blending mat and spraying with water.  The tag was dragged through the wet ink until I achieved a mix I was happy with. 
I over stamped with my butterflies in black archival and added some script for depth.
I didn't take a picture but I used the same ink and water technique with Black Soot DI to darken the tag even more.
To create the layered butterflies I stamped them again on an orange/yellow paper, cut them out and decoupaged them over the original images on the tag.
I wanted just a simple verse or word and found this in some clear stickers I purchased recently.  I thought it fit well with the butterflies. 
To finish I took some orange ribbon and swirled it through the wet Black Soot DI and tied it through the top. 
So what do you think of the finished result?  I really like it and hope you do too. 
TTFN Jude xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!