Shabby Blogs

Sunday 26 January 2014

Hello girls

Hello lovely visitor. Thank you for joining us again. 

Today's card is another made from my scrap box. The image is from the Wear With Style set I purchased a few days ago and is all the girls together. 

The background is three papers from my Amy Tangerine pad.  These were odd shaped pieces but when I fit them together I found I could make a sort of sun ray design.  I was going to cut them into thinner strips and make a proper sun ray but in the end I decided to stick with them whole.  I think it works ok and will try the layout again using thinner pieces.  The bottom corner has a kraft card circle cut to fit but is now covered by my flower!  All the edges have been inked with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.


I am very fond of this image; it's fun, girly and would be suitable for a variety of occasions.  I coloured the image with Promarkers and mainly stuck to pinks, purples and browns.  I inked the edge with Scattered Straw and matted with kraft card.


The sentiment is cut from another piece of the paper, but I have to confess this is not from the scrap box!  I had to use a new sheet but at least the rest is now scrap lol ;)

I mounted the sentiment on more kraft card added my paper rose to the bottom, then made some curls from the wire stems of the flowers.  These are so easy to do but I love the effect they give.


So that's how it was done.  The whole piece is a 6 x 6 card blank and I can think of several occasions that I could use it for, so I don't think it will sit in our stash for long.


That's all from me for today.  TTFN Jude xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!