Shabby Blogs

Thursday 30 January 2014

Sweet Pea


Hello again.  My card today is made using a Kaisercraft pad called Sweet Pea, an All Dressed Up digi stamp and Tattered Forals die.  The paper pad was another freebie with a magazine subscription.  It's always nice to try something new when you haven't paid extra for it lol ;)



I used four papers from the pad and mounted two on to orange card.  The other two went onto an adhesive sheet to make a double sided paper to use for the flower.  This picture shows the paper on the reverse.  I did this to make the paper thicker and also in case the underside could be seen.  In the end I made a flat flower so I could have stuck with just one sheet!



The image was coloured with Promarkers and cut out freehand.  I mounted her on to some more orange card before adding to the finished card.



I used an 8 x 8 card blank and added a piece of green backing paper from my scrap box.  The edges of this and the other papers were smudged with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  This is such a versatile colour.



The other layers were attached at angles to each other and my rub on sentiment applied to the top paper.


I added my girl, the tattered flower and a few drops of Olympic Gold PVA to finish off.  What do you think?


TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!