Shabby Blogs

Monday 3 February 2014

Recycled Butterfly

"Monday Monday, so good to me"

Aren't Monday's great when you don't have to go to work?  I have a hospital visit to make, dogs to walk and a million other things to do but I intend to get some crafting time as well.

Last week I visited a well know health food store to get some Manuka Honey.  I ended up buying their own brand blended instead, but it was the packaging that really caught my eye - a brown paper bag with a large butterfly!  Well it just called out for some glossy accents and a simple background, lol!
This is what I came up with.


I cut closely around the image keeping some of the brown as an accent.  The background is Bare Trees from IndigoBlu stamped in Teal Staz-on.

I highlighted some parts of the wing with the glossy accents - not too much as I wanted a good contrast.


The sentiment is a sticker which I thought fit well.


A simple, quick and unfussy card.  This could be a get well or good luck card; a 'thinking of you' or just for a note to a friend.  I like how versatile a butterfly image is.


Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!