Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Wishing on a star

Hello again folks. Hope you're having a lovely day. 

I have seen lots of cards around lately that feature stars.  I tried cutting one by hand but it wasn't successful so I decided we needed (!) to purchase some star dies.  On Monday Jen and I were both home so we paid a visit to Hobbycraft to purchase said dies.  When we got there we found lots that we liked and ended up buying three sets!!  This is what we got.



We spent a bit more than intended but at least these are an investment and will be used lots ;)

On to my card.  I used the star dies as intended and a star border punch from Tonic that I've had a while.  I started with a 6 x 6 kraft blank and punched down both edges of the front.  I then cut into the top fold to creat two borders to fold back on my central paper.


I cut two strips of the same paper with the punch and stuck them to the inside over my base paper.


This shows it more clearly.


I glued the front strips back, added the stars, some string and a couple of buttons.  I then wasn't sure what to do for a sentiment.  I eventually stamped a white star with Happy Birthday for the inside and used a rub on for the wish.  I think it works ok.


Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!