Shabby Blogs

Friday 23 May 2014

Altered words.

Good morning all. Hope all is well with you. These words were plain white ones that my daughter and son in law had for their wedding a couple of years ago. 

She wanted them jazzing up a bit, so gave them to me just saying "do something with them!" Lol. Did she know what she was saying? hahaha.......

But I'm not that naughty so I did my best to alter them to something that would appeal to them both. Nothing too girly but nothing too plain. 


I have been playing with acrylic paint and Pebeo paints. These give a lovely glimmer to the surface but to cover all of the letters would have taken a lot of paint, so I used the acrylic paint to give them a base cover first. 


I did start by decoupaging the & sign but I didn't like the finished result, so I took it all off again lol. That's the beauty of a lot of crafts. If you don't like it you can start again :o))


Once I had the purple layer I wasn't sure what to do with them so they have sat in the craft room for quite some time waiting to be finished.


Then the other day I was looking for something and came across the glitter sprays that we've had for ages and thought the gold one would look good on those letters!


So they had a good spray of gold sparkle front and back and after that they didn't need much else. So the little hearts and butterflies just finished them off.


Hope K likes them now after all this time!


Thanks for stopping by today, hope to see you soon.

Take care

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!