Shabby Blogs

Sunday 11 May 2014

Aperture card

Good morning all, hope you are having a good weekend. We are trying to get the craft room a bit more organised so the plan for today is to be a bit ruthless with the things we don't need. And actually get rid of them instead of just putting them up on higher shelves. Lol. Not sure how far we will get but here's hoping ;o))

Today's card was one of those where I couldn't sleep so was laid thinking of different ideas for male cards. I haven't made too many aperture cards in the past but I remembered this moustache stamp that we got a while ago and thought it would look good behind the oval cut outs.


I started with the top layer and cut the three ovals out of it using a fancy oval die. Then I ran it back through the Big Shot in a diamond embossing folder.


Next I layered it on to some blue card and taped it down to my craft mat to keep them in place. Then I stamped the moustache twice using black Archival ink and added the Happy Birthday greeting.


Then I fixed it all to a 7x5 card blank and raised the top layer using foam tape.


I did consider putting some acetate between and making it in to a shaker card but thought I would leave that for another one lol.

Anyway hope you like it. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!