Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Altered Bird Cage

Good morning folks, halfway through the week already. Where is it going? lol. 

Anyway today's post is the second in my little list of altered projects for my daughter. This time a purple birdcage candle holder. 


As she no longer has anywhere purple, she wanted it changing to match somewhere in the new house. So I thought if I did it fairly neutral it would go just about anywhere. Now it's finished though I think it will go in the living room.


I gave the cage a quick rub over with some fine grit sandpaper, and then gave it two coats of white spray paint. It wasn't the easiest of shapes to paint lol, so it's not perfect, but I sort of like it that way as it's a little bit shabby chic.


Once the paint was dry I decided to give the base a bit of further treatment and used some Pebeo Paint in onyx to change the colour. 


Then all I needed to add was a bit of bling and some ribbon and it's all finished.


 K just needs to add a candle now lol.


Hope you like it. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!