Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Key chest

Hello again.  I have a very quick makeover to share with you today. 

You may recall a while ago I distressed a wooden key cabinet for Kay and Ian. Well now they are moving house the cupboard doesn't match the colours in their hallway, so Kay asked if I could do anything with it. 


This is how it looked when she brought it to me. 

I stripped off the green paper and sanded the whole piece. Then I went in search of a suitable paper to recover the door. I left the owls in tact as they still fit in nicely. 

The paper I chose is a grey chevron. I cut strips the width of the door frame and glued them in place. 

When they were dry I took grey and black inks and dirtied the papers.  This is how it turned out. 


Kay and Ian loved it and it is now waiting to be fastened to the wall in the new house. 

TTFN Jude xx

2 comments:

  1. oh wow just love this hun its awesome I so love owls,and you have created a beauty here hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!