Shabby Blogs

Saturday 30 August 2014

Die cuts with a view

Today I have another male birthday card to share with you.

This was made for my youngest son Joseph to send to his uncle Alan.

What do you think?

I used an idea from Quick Cards made easy, which had an article on frame cards.  I used the basic idea and came up with this.


The basic premise is that you cut corresponding apertures in the front folds and place something inside which is viewed through these openings.


I covered the interior with script paper, and found a print for the inner fold.


I used a circle of contrasting cardstock and added numbers using the paper from the inner fold.

I doodled around the edges to give some definition and interest.


Finally I coloured wooden die cut sentiments with a toning Promarker and added them to the front.


Hope you like it.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!