Shabby Blogs

Sunday 5 October 2014

Dabble Day make

Morning everyone.  Happy Sunday!

Jen and I had a great day again at the Busy Bees Crafts Dabble Day.  We took part in three workshops and today I am sharing the tag I made with the very lovely (and ever so slightly batty!) Hels Sheridan of Ink On My Fingers.  

Tis Me! The L'il 'ol waffler

Hels is a Ranger certified instructor so we always get to play with lots of lovely Tim Holtz inks, stamps and stencils.

As usual we got super inky but that is the best part of any Hels workshop and is so much fun :)



We started with a #12 tag and inked the whole surface, adding deeper colour around the edges.  I used Old Paper and Vintage Photo.  Water was the flicked over the surface to react with the ink and create some faded areas.  We then stencilled randomly across the surface with a third colour.  In this case it was Peeled Paint.


We tore strips of a stunning Kaiser craft paper and inked all the edges before laying them across the tag.  Once all the base was complete we got to the embellishing stage.

The sentiment was inked and watered the same as the tag then attached with a display pin.


The flowers are Spellbinders rolled blossoms.  I rolled them quite loosely and then once I was back home I filled the centres with silicone and sprinkled with black glitter.  The leaves were inked with Peeled Paint and crinkled up to give some extra texture.


The ribbon started as cream, but with some Vintage Photo and water I dyed it this richer shade.


So that's my completed tag.  I love it but what do you think? 


TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!