Shabby Blogs

Friday 21 November 2014

Graduation Day

Good morning all, yes today is my son D's graduation. I may have mentioned that back in the summer he passed his final exams and got a 1st Class Honours Degree in Engineering. 

As you can imagine we are incredibly proud of him and what he has achieved. Especially since he has done this while working full time. From the day he left school he was determined that this is what he would do and although it's taken 7 years and an awful lot of hard work, he has done it. So today I get to dress up a bit and go and beam with pride while he receives his certificate. If he will let me I will post a pic of him in cap and gown soon lol. 

Anyway after all that waffling, today's cards are some I made for D, for today. 


I love this little Owl from Digi Stamp Boutique, he looks a bit frazzled lol. 


I coloured him with Copics and cut him out with a circle die. 


The papers are from Simon Says Stamp and the Stamp is a Clear Choice stamp that we've had for ages. 


This next card is very simple. 


I used a little stamp set that came free with a magazine last year. 


I just liked the sentiment that came with it, as this one is from Mum and she is very proud of him. 


The next one is all about the die's. I used Spellbinders Grand Decorative Labels One for the background. 


Then I used the Sizzix/Tim Holtz Rosette die for the centre. 


I used a number die to add the 1st to the centre and then added a small tag with class stamped on to it. 


And finally, this card is made using another free set that came with a magazine. 


This time it's a star embossing stencil, which I used on Centura Pearl card and then inked through the stencil with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. 


I added Blue ribbon across the centre and then stamped the sentiment with the Distress Ink and heat set it with clear embossing powder. 


I used the coordinating stamp to stamp over the large star, and then added Congratulations to the inside sheet. 


Hope you like it, thanks for dropping by again, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!