Shabby Blogs

Sunday 18 January 2015

Happy 50th Birthday

Good morning all, hope you are well and enjoying the weekend. We haven't done a lot this weekend, all suffering a bit with the January sniffles and still recovering from a very busy December lol. 


I did manage to finish a card on Friday though, that I had been asked to make for a friend of my daughter in law's, mum. 



I used a Lili of the Valley pre-coloured image and cut it out with a circle die. 


The paper is from the stash, backed with a dark red Hunkydory card,  and it's all on an 8 x 8 scalloped card blank.


The sentiment stamp inside is from a Molly Moo stamp set. 


I went a bit to town with embellishments on the is one and used Marianne Vintage Lace with dark red ribbon and some string pearls. 


Then I used a few different coloured flowers with a couple of swirl leaves and more string pearls. 


The corner die cut is one from a die that came with a recent crafting magazine. The Happy Birthday is a chipboard sentiment coloured with a matching Copic marker, and the 50th was die cut from the dark red card. 


Because I went a little OTT with flowers and such it needed a box rather than an envelope so I made one using Centura Pearl card and then decorated the top with some patterned card. 


By the time I had got the box made it was dark lol, hence the rubbish photos. 


Anyway hope you like it, take care and I'll see you all soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!