Shabby Blogs

Thursday 19 March 2015

A yellow rose for Mum

Good morning all, Thursday again, these weeks seem to be flying by at the minute.

Today's card is the one I made to send to Mum last Sunday for Mothers day.  I went with a very simple theme, 1 single yellow rose, as these flowers mean a lot to Mum.


I used a Clearly Besotted set to stamp the rose in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then heat embossed it with fine detail embossing powder. 


Then I watercoloured the rose with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Scattered Straw and Mustard Seed. Then the leaves in Peeled Paint, Evergreen Bough and Crushed Olive.


I used a Crafters Companion Sentimentals stamp set called Greetings - Female for the sentiment. 


Then I used paper from the Simon Says Stamp March card kit and some ribbon from the stash.


I also stamped on the inside to finish the sentiment.


Then I added a small punched butterfly and a few pearls to finish it off. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!