Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Foil Butterfly

Good morning all, hope your week is going well. 

I gave a different technique a go last week, heat foiling, and thought I would share my results with you!


I have had these foils for a while and was never sure what to do with them, but after watching Jennifer Mcguire's video's on foiling I thought I would give it a go. 


I have to admit it's not as easy as it looks, and Jennifer had much more success than I did. But I persevered and after many, many failed attempts. I finally did get something that was worth making into a card. 


I used Versamark ink to stamp with and then tried a few different embossing powders, but I had the most success with a fine detail powder. 


I still couldn't get rid of the foil sticking to the background card, even though I was using an anti-static bag. 


But in the end I decided I could live with that as I quite liked the effect it gave behind the butterfly and sentiment. 


For the backing card I used Coredinations card and a background stamp, which I stamped a few times to cover the sheet. 


Then after heat embossing I ran the foil through the laminator a few times and ended up with quite a pretty background sheet.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!