Shabby Blogs

Friday 17 April 2015

Hey you

Good morning all, hope you are well. Today's card is made using our very first Studio Calico kit. I must admit to being completely stumped as to what to use the plastic word 'Hey' for, so I looked online for inspiration, and I found that some had used it as a mask/stencil.


I wanted some texture to the card so I dug out some white corrugated card and cut it down to fit on a standard 6 x 4 card blank.


Then I used a mixture of Cosmic Shimmer spray inks in Patina Vintage Mist and Mango Blush, then I added some Mr Huey's spray ink in Classic Tan. 


Once this was dry I removed the plastic word and sprayed lightly over the top with iridescent glitter spray. 


I used part of a 'Thinking of you' die from Taylored Expressions, to add the 'You' underneath, then I used one of the stamps that came with the kit to add the 'Get well soon' sentiment. I used a Memento Bamboo Leaves ink for this.


I stamped the little frog from the set on to green card and then cut him out by hand, (gosh that was fiddly lol.) Then I added a couple of leaves for him to sit on and a few coordinating flowers to finish.


It's not my usual style of card but I quite like it, hope you do too. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!