Shabby Blogs

Thursday 23 April 2015

One of THOSE cards

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week. 

Do you ever have one of those times when you have an idea for a card in your head - but try as you might you can't get it to look like you imagined???? well today's card is one of those for me. 


We got some new dies last week and these Happy Birthday Layer Makers by Frantic Stamper Inc were the ones I really wanted to use. 


I had this vision for a card with a different sized front and back, using the dies as the main focal point. But when I came to do it, I just couldn't get the image down on the paper. The back section was fine but I tried to cut three layers with the front die and it wouldn't go through so I ended up having to finish it with my scalpel. 


Then I used the Spellbinders Die D-Lite Flower Patch die for the flowers and heat embossed it with Shabby Pink Frantage. This looks lovely but doesn't really stand out enough on my chosen papers, which were from the Lillibet pad. 


I struggled with what to put on the inside as it looked too plain just left white. In the end I used a flower stamp from this month's Studio Calico Kit and stamped it with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. Then I matted this with more of the dark pink card. 


I also covered the inside front page with some of the paper from the front. 


Then I added a piece of dusky pink satin ribbon across the bottom and tied a little bow. Finally I finished it off with a few pink and clear crystal gems.


All in all I'm not too unhappy with it, but it really was a lot of effort for something that's just OK lol. Anyway hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!