Shabby Blogs

Thursday 7 May 2015

Fun Foam Die Cutting

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week. I am so looking forward to this weekend. Jude and I, along with our daughters, my daughter in law and our mum, are off for a girly weekend at a lakeside lodge with hot tub!!! 

Nothing to do for two whole days but eat, drink and lounge around. I am not even taking any crafty stuff with me!


Anyway, on to today's card. I wanted a bright and cheery card so I went with a yellow and green colour scheme.


The Happy is cut with an Xcut alphabet die set using sticky backed Fun Foam. I have seen this technique used before and like how it gives the image some depth. 


I tried quite a few colours of ink on some scrap card for the birthday sentiment, but in the end decided to go with Jet Black Archival. The stamp is from the MFT Stamps set Happy Everything.


I used two pieces of ribbon across the top and then tied a couple of loose knots and stuck them on with glue dots. I have tried all sorts to stick bows in the past but always come back to glue dots, as these seem to hold them the best. 


A couple of layers of matching card to finish it off was all it needed.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!