Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Happy birthday to you

Good morning all, today's card was a very simple but fun card to make. 


I used the Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings stamp set, and stamped the Happy Birthday to you stamp 3 times on to strips of white card.


I used Rosebud Memento Dew Drop ink to stamp with to match the pink card I had chosen. 


The pink card has been in the stash forever, and I finally decided to get it out and use it. It has a very tactile finish to it. You would expect it to be rough but it isn't it's very smooth, almost like suede


I added the stamped strips to the pink background and then made up another strip with stamps from a Molly Moo set that has lots of different words on. I had to cut one of the stamps down as it said Dearest, but as we will probably never use that I didn't mind cutting it down to 'Dear'. 


Then I added some cardboard thickers to spell her name 'Izzy'


I raised this strip up on foam tape to make it stand out, and put it all on a 6 x 6 card blank.


Then I used the eraser part on the end of a pencil to stamp the dots all around the card. I used Rosebud and LuLu Lavender Dew Drop inks to coordinate.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!