Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Watercoloured flowers

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week so far. As Jude said yesterday it was Mum's birthday at the weekend and this is one of the cards I made for family members to send to her. 


I had another little play at watercolouring with Distress Inks. This time I used Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed and Chipped Sapphire.


I randomly painted the inks on to a piece of watercolour paper with plenty of water, until I had a background that I liked. 


While that was drying, I took a few plain paper flowers and gave them some watercolour treatment too. Then I added a few highlights with a white gel pen.


I watercoloured a second sheet of card with the same colours and then cut some leaves using a Sue Wilson die. 


The quote is a rub-on from a Kaisercraft set, which I thought was lovely. I finished it off with some microbeads in the centre of the flowers.


I am really pleased with this, hope you like it too. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!