Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Plastic wallet shaker card

Good morning crafty friends, Jen back again today, hope you are all having a good week. Today's card is a very simple shaker card. 


I got this idea from a lady on Instagram, who had used a die storage wallet to make a shaker card. I don't have any of those type of wallets, but I do have clear CD wallets that we use to store our small dies in. 


I used a 6 x 6 card blank for the base then covered this with some blue patterned paper from the stash. The CD wallet fits lovely on to this size of card, so all I had to do was fill the wallet with sequins and then seal it shut with some clear tape. 


I then used some white Centura Pearl card to make a frame for the front. I did this by cutting a square of card and then using a square die from an MFT Stamps Blueprint set to cut the inside out. 


The little elephant and balloon are from the Avery Elle, Ellie stamp set. I stamped them with London Fog Memento ink and then coloured them with Copics. I then cut them both out by hand. 


I used part of a Cheery Lyn die for the large Happy and then stamped the Birthday with Jet black Archival ink using part of the Happy Everything set from MFT Stamps. 


This method makes a lovely shaker card without all the faffing with foam tape etc. and it really cuts down on the size and weight so these could be posted quite easily. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!