Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 28 July 2015

You make me happy

Good morning all, hope you are well. As Jude said yesterday we are all back from our holidays and most of us are now back at work. I have had a brilliant week away and it has been so lovely to spend some time with a lot of my family. But next time we do it, Jude is definitely coming with us lol. 


Today's card was made taking inspiration from Pinterest, then using my supplies to recreate something similar. 


I used a turquoise card with a slight shimmer for the background. I ran it through a small dots embossing folder and then cut it down to make a 7 x 5 card blank. 


The sentiment is part of the Blue Skies Ahead stamp set from MFT Stamps and I stamped it with Paris Dusk Dew Drop ink. 


I carefully only inked part of the stamp for the main sentiment, then inked the bottom part to make the bottom sentiment. 


I used a Marianne Designs embossing folder to emboss the honeycomb design in to the strip of black card at the back, then I used some grey polkadot paper and backed this with grey card for the centre panel. 


The yellow circle is made up with a plain Spellbinders circle die and then I cut a slightly larger Spellbinders Lacey Circles die to sit behind it. 


I finished the card off with some stick on jewels, a few sequins and a die cut butterfly. 

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon. 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!