Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Party animal

Good morning all, hope you are well and having a good week. I made today's card using one of our new Avery Elle stamp sets, called Balloon Giraffe.


I used a few different colours of pigment inks to stamp the giraffes, and then heat embossed them with fine detail clear embossing powder. 


The sentiments are from a couple of other stamp sets, Party Animal and Handwritten Notes, both by Avery Elle.


For the Happy Birthday sentiment, I masked off the end words 'to you' so that it just read Happy Birthday. 


This is really easy to do, I just use either a sticky file tab or a post it note to cover up the part I don't want to ink, Then before I stamp it I remove the tab and it just leaves you with the inked part of the sentiment.


I added the stamped panel to a DL card blank and matted it with a piece of soft lilac shimmer card.


Then I used a cluster of stars from the Party Animal set and stamped them with Dewdrop and Memento inks.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!