Shabby Blogs

Thursday 5 November 2015

30th Birthday Girl

Good morning all and Happy Thursday. Hope you are all well and having a good week. 


Today's card is one I made for a friend of my son and daughter-in-law, who turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. I wanted something girly but grown-up, so I dug through our stamp selection and came up with this very old stamp that we got free in a magazine.


I coloured her with Copic markers and then mounted her on to some gold and black card. I used a corner chomper to round off all the corners. 


I made the rosette using three different sizes of round punch, and then added a 30 to the centre cut from MFT Bright Light Number dies. Then I used a couple of pieces of ribbon and stuck them together, then stuck them to the back of the circles.  


The Happy and Birthday dies are from Frantic Stamper and are the Happy Birthday Layer Makers. 


I added a little message to the inside using a Simon Says Stamp set called Happy and Smile. 


Then I finished it off with some sparkly sequins and stars. 


Because the girls were having a weekend away to celebrate, Staci asked me to make some stickers for champagne flutes for the train. So I used Safmat, and printed out these with the girls names on, then cut them out with oval dies. 


Then as a little gift for the birthday girl, I made her a badge using a wooden heart, a brooch back, Safmat and a gold pen. 


Hope you like them all, thanks for stopping by, take care and I'll see you soon. 

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!