Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Acetate Card

Good morning and welcome to May, this year is absolutely flashing by lol. Today's card is one of those that seemed much better in my head than the finished product !!!


I have seen quite a few acetate cards around so thought I would give one a go. I used heat-proof acetate so that I could stamp on it and use my heat gun to emboss. However I don't think it is strong enough for a card base.


I used Versamark ink and an old Papermania stamp set to stamp a few flowers on the front, and then heat embossed them with Wow Metallic Brass embossing powder.


I used Heidi Swapp Minc Paper for the inside, foiled with Rose Gold. Then Because the card was too flimsy, I cut a frame for the front using a stitched and plain rectangle from MFT Stamps Blueprints Dienamics.


The inside and rear of the card are cut with the Avery Elle Wonky Frames die, and I used the MFT Stamps Stitched Banner die for the sentiment.


Because I was sticking to acetate I struggled to find a glue or tape that was clear enough not to be seen, but as whatever I used still showed through I decided to trim the edge with pink gem strips to cover it up.


Next time I try this I will definitely get some stronger acetate lol. Hope you still like it though. Take care and I'll see you Thursday.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!