Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Bee-you-tiful

Good morning all, I hope you are having a good week. Today is my oldest granddaughters 8th birthday, and this is one of the cards I made for her. Happy Birthday Lily May, hope you have a wonderful day. xxxxxxxx

I started by typing the sentiment on the PC and then printing it with the Laserjet printer. Then I used gold and platinum foil half and half over the words and ran it through the Minc machine. This gives the letters the two-tone look.


I used a Marianne Designs hexagon die and paper from the stash to create the honeycomb pattern. I stuck some of them flat to the card and raised some of them on foam pads.


Then I used an MFT die called Grassy Edges for the grass border and a Lawn Fawn stamp and die set called Hello Sunshine, for the big bees.


I coloured these with Copic Markers and then used a tiny bee from the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero March kit, to stamp here and there around the card.


I did add a granddaughter word under the sentiment before I gave it to Lily, but after I'd took the photos.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

1 comment:

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!