Shabby Blogs

Monday 4 July 2016

Bee happy

Good morning all, I hope you have had a good weekend. Yesterday was Jude's birthday so we all went out for a family meal at a very nice country pub/restaurant. They gave us a private room upstairs as there was 15 of us and the food was excellent. So a very nice time was had by all. 


Today's card is one I made for Jude from our brother John. I used the bee and cloud from the Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine set and coloured the bees with Copic Markers.


The bee and honeycomb papers are from a Pebbles Inc pad called Garden Party, and I layered them with some orange Coredinations card.


I had my first attempt at a slider card, and I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. I used a circle frame die from an MFT Stamps Blueprints Dienamics set, and cut the bee papers and card so I had 3 layers.


Then I used 5 pence pieces in the channel as pennies were a little big for this. I used two for each bee and cloud and joined them together with a foam circle. 


Then I raised the outer layer and inner circle on foam tape to create the channel in the centre for the coins to move around. The sentiments came from the Gnome Sweet Gnome Lawn Fawn set and the Simon Says Stamp, Happy and Smile set.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!