Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Christmas trees

Good morning all.  It has been a while since I've shared any cards with you (thanks to Jen for covering our holiday!) and after this week it will be a while longer.  I'm off to hospital today for a minor op on my right hand so will be out of action for a few weeks.  Hopefully some light crafting will be possible but definitely no work :)


Today's card was inspired by a beautiful soft background I saw on Pinterest recently.  Jen and I decided to have a play at recreating the effect and there are some stunning combos coming over the next few weeks.

This one uses a leaf detail stamp that looks very like a feather!  It is from the Altenew Peony Bouquet set and is stamped with crimson dye ink, also from Altenew.


I added berries in a lime green from the Kelly Purkey Fashion collection for Hero Arts.  This combination then made me think of Christmas!  I decided to use the same ink to stamp a couple of trees from a Simon Says Stamp set along with the matching sentiment.  I didn't like the green alone so shadow stamped it in the crimson.


I also used the crimson ink to colour some scrap card and the edges of my card blank.  This helped me tie everything together.

I like how this turned out and will use something similar for some of my other Christmas cards.  It's only just over 20 weeks away ;)

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!