Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Tying the knot

Good morning all, Alan and I are back from our mini break in Stratford Upon Avon. It's somewhere neither of us have ever been so we really enjoyed looking around the sites. Hope you're all having a good week too.



For today's card I was asked to make a wedding card for a young lady at work. As I don't know her very well I couldn't really do something to suit her, so I took inspiration from this card on Pinterest by Suzanne Dahlberg, and adapted it to suit my purpose.


I used a shimmer grey card for the background and then cut a white panel for the middle and embossed it with a Sue Wilson embossing folder called, Entwined hearts.



Then I cut 2 tags from a slightly lighter grey card and embossed them with a rose embossing folder. Then I tied them together with a piece of translucent twine and raised them on foam pads across the white panel.


The sentiments both come from the Simon Says Stamp, Congratulations set and are heat embossed with True White fine detail embossing powder by Cosmic Shimmer.


I then used the Simon Says Stamp Paper Hug stamp set to stamp the floating hearts using Versamark ink and then heat emboss them with the same white embossing powder.


I trimmed the corners of the panels using a 1 inch corner punch from EK Success and then finished the card off with a few tiny clear gems and a silver dazzler.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!