Shabby Blogs

Thursday 1 September 2016

Cuddly birthday critters

It's September (!), nearly the weekend and I haven't managed to complete one solitary card so far this week!  Due to this failure on my part I have here a card made for Alan last week.


These adorable stamps and dies from Simon Says Stamp are called Cuddly Critters.  I have wanted this set for quite some time so Jen bought them as a gift for my birthday.  I stamped quite a few of the the images and coloured them with Copic markers.  I only used 3 here but there are 6 in the set.

The background is Bahama Blue ink from Altenew sponged over a cloud stencil, and I used the same ink for the sentiments.

When I cut the circles from the navy card my Big Shot left some marks on the paper.  Instead of throwing it out I tried using a background stamp and heat embossing to disguise the marks.  I don't think it turned out too badly, even though the bronze powder looks pink in some lights lol :)


The blue ink used for the background was also used to colour the edge of my card blank as I didn't have any matching cardstock.


I'm happy with the end result but what do you think?  TTFN Jude xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!