Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Dahlia blossoms

Good morning all, and happy Hump day. I hope you are all having a good week. It's my short work week this week so I'm now off for the rest of the week, but I have lots of baking to do before a family Christening on Sunday. 


Today's card was one I made for a friend of mum's. She wanted one to send from the line dancing group that her friend runs, so I thought this sentiment was appropriate.


I used the Altenew Dahlia Blossoms set and Altenew Crisp Dye inks. I started by stamping a background using the bud stamp from the set. I stamped it randomly on a piece of white card using Blush ink.


Then I stamped up three of the larger flowers using Blush, Rouge, Velvet and Crimson inks and cut them out with their matching dies.


For the leaves I used Memento Dew Drop inks in Pistachio and Olive grove and then cut them out too.


I arranged the flowers to one side of the background panel and raised two of them with foam pads, then I arranged the leaves around them.


I used a sentiment from the Altenew set called Sentiments and Quotes. I inked it with Versamark ink onto a piece of Vellum and then heat embossed it with Simon Says Stamp, Rose Gold embossing powder. Then I cut it out with an MFT Stitched Banner Die.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you Friday.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!