Shabby Blogs

Monday 26 September 2016

Round roses

Good morning all, I hope you had a good weekend. We didn't do a lot this weekend, but we did go out with the dogs for a bit yesterday and did a couple of miles on the Trans-Pennine Trail again, which was really nice.

Today's card was made for a lovely friend who had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. It gave me the chance to try out one of the new sets that we got from Clearly Besotted. This one is called Round Roses.


This set may only be small but it makes beautiful images, and as it has three different sized roses it is very versatile.


I used Altenew Crisp Dye Inks for the roses, and stamped them on a piece of white card in a random fashion. The ink colours I used are Blush, Rouge, Crimson and Velvet.


Then I stamped around and between the roses with the leaf stamps using Memento inks, in New Sprout, Pistachio and Olive Grove.


I cut the panel down to fit a 7 x 5 card base and then cut two stitched hillside borders, one white and one black. These are from the Mama Elephant Stitched Border Trio set. I layered the white over the black and then backed the whole panel with black card before stamping a simple sentiment.


Then I added three sticky enamel hearts to finish it off.

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!