Shabby Blogs

Monday 17 October 2016

Songbird

Hello again.  With only 10 weeks left until Christmas I've started batch making some of the cards I need.  These will be for friends and colleagues - close family get individual ones!

This set is Winter Cardinal from Altenew.


This is one of the multi-layer sets to give added realism to the final stamped image.  These were a little tricky to line up but I don't think they turned out too badly.


Unfortunately when I was making the card up I managed to get ink on a couple of the backgrounds (dirty fingers!)  To help cover these up I hand drew some music notes.  I think I got away with it, don't you?


The berries don't have multiple layers so I stamped them in 3 shades of red ink to build up the colour.  I then used a white gel pen to add some highlight.


The branch was also stamped with a few shades of brown ink to add some realism to the finished article.  I really like these cards although they did take too long to make too many.  I'll settle for the 8 I've currently finished :).

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!