Shabby Blogs

Thursday 8 December 2016

Inlaid Elves

Good morning all, I hope your week is going well.


Today's cards were somewhat of an experiment, which turned out OK in the end. You will probably all know the lovely Jennifer McGuire, but I was copying one of her techniques for inlaid die cutting.


As I don't have any of the connected scene dies I had to combine what I did have. So I used the Santa's Elves set from MFT, along with a shape out of one of the Blueprints sets, to give me an arched window. 


Then I placed the elf die on the white card and ran it through the bigshot to cut it out, stopping where I wanted the feet to remain attached. 


Then I placed the arched die behind the elf and ran it through again to give me the shape. The only part that doesn't cut is the bottom where the elf is stood. So I just used my craft knife to cut along the bottom.


Then I stamped the elves using my Misti to ensure they were in the right place, then coloured them with Copic Markers. For the backgrounds I did some inky blending and stamping with Distress Inks and then laid the cut out pieces back in.


To finish them off I added the sentiments and a few stamped snowflakes and sequins.


Hope you like them, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!