Shabby Blogs

Monday 19 December 2016

Minecraft Creeper Card

Good morning all, sorry for the slightly later than normal posting, guess what???? I forgot again !!!!! Oh dear, never mind, at least it is still morning this time lol.

Right, onto today's card. This is one I made for my grandson after seeing this lovely Minecraft card on Pinterest. 


I used what I had to attempt something similar. Now I know it's not as professional as the other one, but my grandson loved it, so that's all that matters to me.


I followed the instructions given, but just adapted to fit my tools etc. I used the Tim Holtz brick wall embossing folder, cut down to size to fit an A2 card blank.


I cut into the wall with my Kraft knife, and then laid grey card underneath and drew inside the cut out, just leaving an overhang on the tops and sides of the exposed bricks.


Then I used a pencil to give a bit of depth to the edges. It was really a case of doing a bit, seeing what it looked like, adapting and then doing a bit more. I'm no artist, so depth perception etc does not come easily to me. But I did my best :)


Then I used green, black and grey card to make the little creeper fellow behind and a ton of foam tape to lift the wall up in front. I was able to download a Minecraft font from the web to use for the greeting, which I then printed in black and green.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!